Autodesk Showcase 2013
Easily transform designs into immersive 3D presentations and evaluate design alternatives in real time.
Autodesk® Showcase® 2013 3D presentation software provides easy-to-use presentation and design exploration tools for architects, designers, engineers, and marketing professionals. With Showcase, users can quickly transform 3D CAD design models into interactive walk-throughs and presentations, making it easier to evaluate aesthetic and functional aspects of the design in real time. Explore designs in context and in detail with real-world materials, lighting, and environments, and add powerful narrative to designs with storyboarding features, non-photorealistic effects, and movie creation tools for desktop, web, and mobile display.
- ENHANCED Interactive Raytracing - With RapidRT raytracing functionality, users can now switch on the fly between a GPU-powered viewport and full raytracing, without the need to change materials, lighting, or environments. The RapidRT raytracing engine renders the scene progressively, directly in the viewport. With Showcase 2012, RapidRT raytracing has been accelerated by a factor of up to 10x.
- ENHANCED Interoperability - Autodesk Showcase 2012 supports Autodesk Materials, which are now automatically imported from AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Revit Architecture and 3ds Max® Design. In addition, the interoperability with Autodesk® Maya® and 3ds Max Design through the Autodesk® FBX® data exchange tool has been improved and now includes support for cameras. Showcase imports more than 15 third-party CAD file formats*.
- NEW Import Templates - Save time when working with Inventor software data. You can now automatically create a Showcase scene from an Inventor file, complete with Materials, Shots, Alternatives, Storyboard, and animated Constraints.
- Easy-to-use Camera and Animation - Add narrative to your design with cinematic camera motion and animation features. The Orbit shot allows you to move the camera 360 degrees around a center of interest, while keyframe animation techniques and triggers add greater interactivity to your presentations. Import 3ds Max and Maya camera animations directly into Showcase shots via the Autodesk FBX data exchange tool.
- Storyboard and Movie Creation - Storyboard enables you to orchestrate the story of your design in a familiar, slide-based metaphor. The Storyboard slides can be played back in sequence, or one at a time. Also, you can share work with colleagues or customers who do not use Showcase by more quickly and easily exporting slides as movies or rendering Showcase scenes to interactive Adobe® Flash® files.
- NEW Automatic Real-time Shadows - Create highly realistic imagery by automatically simulating ambient shadows for polygonal objects and adding real-time, geometry-casted shadows.
- NEW Non-photorealistic Effects and Styles - Create a variety of non-photorealistic (NPR) effects that help simulate artistic styles created by hand. The Styles user interface aggregates all rendering styles in one view, making it quicker and easier to explore options.
- NEW Smart Navigation - Use Autodesk® Steeringwheels® to walk naturally around architectural scenes. Navigate up or down stairs, or remain on the ground level; avoid walls and other obstacles. Showcase now supports 3Dconnexion input devices for total motion control.
- NEW Quick Start Wizards - Users who are new to Showcase can now be productive almost immediately. The new Quick Start wizards guide users through common workflows in two to six steps, helping them accelerate time to completion and reach a successful finish every time..
June 04, 05, 05 | San Jose, CA
June 11, 12, 13 | Brea, CA
June 18, 19, 20 | Portland, OR
June 18, 19, 20 | Brea, CA