Autodesk Vault 2019 was just released and you better believe it has some great new features! What’s exciting about these features is where they come from. Like usual, there is some new functionality added by the developers, but many of the new features were requested by the users themselves.
One of the most popular requests from the users was the ability to share information with customers, vendors, or any other collaborators that can’t access the internal network. Vault 2019 now includes Project Sync, a tool that works with Fusion Team. With Project Sync, Vault Administrators can configure what data is synchronized across the firewall to the necessary contributors.
Here are some of the options that are available with Project Sync:
- CAD relationship awareness and reference handling
- Ability to define and manage multiple mappings
- Synchronization in a single direction or bi-directionally
- Option to schedule synchronization
- Selectively filter which files within a project are synchronized
For our Vault Administrators reading, you can now create roles that fit your user groups better. In 2019 you can create a role with the permissions that are specific to the groups that you need created, this allows more flexibility in administering the Vault and giving users only the permissions they need. There are multiple ways to create these roles, all depending on how customized you want them to be.
Create a Role
- Create a new role to add the permissions needed for the custom role and assign the role to users or groups.
Edit a Role
- After creating a new role, an administrator can edit the role to remove or add permissions while keeping the role assigned to the users or groups.
Copy a Role
- Copy an existing role as a starting point, then customize the permissions in the role to what is needed.
Vault 2019 is Gold!
Finally, the most exciting feature! This seriously changes the whole game. That’s right, the icon is now gold! #GoldIsTheNewGreen
No more confusing your Vault 2018 with your 2019 icon when you try to open it, but if you don’t believe us go ahead and upgrade to 2019, see what the hype is about! You can read more about the customer requested features in Vault Product Manager, Irvin Hayes Jr’s article, Under the Hood here.
If you’d like to learn about all the latest features from Irvin Hayes Jr, himself, sign up for our special edition Autodesk Virtual Academy, What’s New in Vault 2019 on April 5th. You can sign up here!